Mildison Lipocream contains the active ingredient hydrocortisone, which is a type of medicine called a topical corticosteroid. It’s used to reduce inflammation in the skin. This cream is prescribed to relieve skin inflammation and itching associated with mild inflammatory skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis, insect bites and stings, nappy rash.
In general, corticosteroids do not remove the cause of the symptoms.
What’s on this page:
What is Eczema?
Eczema is the name for a group of conditions that cause the skin to become red, itchy and inflamed. Eczema is a general term for dermatitis, which is the term normally used for the inflammation of the skin. All types of eczema cause itching and redness and some will blister or peel. There are several types of eczema, and to know which type of the condition you have is relevant to the type of treatment you will need.
While the exact cause of eczema is unknown, researchers do know that people who develop
eczema do so because of a combination of genes and environmental triggers. When an irritant or an allergen is exposed to the immune system, skin cells don’t behave as they normally would and therefore cause an eczema flare-up.
How does Mildison Lipocream help with Eczema?
Hydrocortisone is a mild corticosteroid that can be applied to the skin to treat a wide variety of inflammatory skin reactions, such as reactions to plants, insect bites, jewellery, toiletries, deodorants, soaps and detergents. It’s also used to treat various forms of mild eczema.
Mildison Lipocream is used for skin inflammation due to allergies or irritants, eczema or reactions to insect bites. The active ingredient hydrocortisone is a moderately potent topical corticosteroid. When hydrocortisone is applied to the skin it works by acting inside the cells to decrease the release of inflammatory substances. This reduces swelling, redness and itching.
How should I use Mildison cream?
When using this medicine, it is absolutely crucial to precisely follow the guidelines presented to you by your prescriber. In addition to this, you should also consult the official patient information leaflet that you can find within every box of the medicine for a detailed overview of the treatment. Doing so will go a long way in diminishing the risk of side effects while at the same time boosting the chances of success.
Some most general guidelines can be described as follows:
- Apply a thin layer to the affected areas of skin twice a day
- Massage the cream into the skin until it is fully absorbed
- Wash your hands after applying the cream
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, nose or genital area.
- Mildison Lipocream should not be used on the face, unless prescribed for this area by a doctor
- You should continue using Mildison lipocream for as long as your doctor has recommended. Always follow the instructions given by your doctor.
- You should not use airtight dressings to cover the treated area as this will increase the chance of side effects
- Do not use a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose
- Don’t use Mildison lipocream more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- If you think the area of skin you are treating has become infected you should stop using Mildison lipocream and consult your doctor.
- You should always consult your doctor, if you think of stopping treatment. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor, pharmacist or nurse
Can I buy Mildison Cream online in the UK?
Yes, it is possible to purchase this drug online after a quick consultation on chat or a phone consultation. Mildison is not prescription free and therefore you must always have a prescription from your doctor to start the treatment. Never start such treatment without talking to a doctor, and do not buy this medicine online from pages that do not require a doctor’s consultation. These are unauthorized online pharmacies and can sell fake versions of the drug. If you are fit for the treatment, you will receive it directly by mail from an approved pharmacy in the UK.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this cream can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The most serious of them certainly is an allergic reaction to the medicine. If you turn out to be allergic to Locoid or any of its ingredients, it is essential to contact the emergency services immediately and ask for advice.
The symptoms of allergic side effects can be:
- You have difficulty breathing
- Your face or throat swell
- Your skin develops a severe rash
Other possible side effects:
- Redness of the skin
- Stretch marks and skin thinning
- Facial spots
- Redness of the skin around the mouth
- Worsening of the skin condition after treatment has stopped
- Discolouration of skin
- Skin irritation
If the cream is used for a long time it may affect the working of your adrenal glands, symptoms of which may include an increase in weight, puffiness around the face, muscle weakness, dizziness (particularly when standing), excessive hair growth or hair loss. Your doctor should monitor you for any signs or symptoms.
Are there any contraindications?
In order to ensure the safety of this treatment, always make sure to disclose all the relevant info to your doctor and this includes other medicines you might be taking at the moment and other medical conditions that you might be affected by.
Hypersensitivity to Mildison cream is a contraindication. In addition, this cream should not be used if you have the following:
- if you are allergic to hydrocortisone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if your skin disorder is caused by a bacterial, viral or fungal infection. Mildison Lipocream may worsen or hide these disorders.
- if you have wounds or scaly skin
- if you have skin problems due to syphilis (a sexually transmitted disease) or skin lesions associated with
- tuberculosis appearing as jelly like nodules or ulcerative nodules.
- if the skin around your mouth is inflamed. It might be the result of previous treatment with corticosteroids.
- if you have (pubertal) spots
- if you have redness of the facial skin
- You should not use Mildison Lipocream if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless clearly necessary.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using, have recently used or might use any other medicines.